© Grace Enough Podcast2023
21 Days of Gratitude: As a Universal Language, Day 18
Where do you listen to podcasts? I hope you find it here and FOLLOW along!
So you never miss a new episode.
Welcome to Day 18 of the 21 Days of Gratitude series on the Grace Enough Podcast. Today, explores the universal language of gratitude.
Amber shares quotes from a diverse range of individuals that demonstrate the positive impact of practicing gratitude from Zig Ziglar to Oprah Winfrey to King David, these quotes remind us of the power of gratitude in enriching our lives.
The episode also underscores the importance of cultivating a practice of giving thanks, as encouraged by Scripture.
Amber Cullum invites listeners to embrace the transformational work that gratitude can bring and provides a gratitude practice that can be implemented in daily life.
- Gratitude is pervasive
- Gratitude is contagious
- Gratitude impacts all people
4 Week Free Gratitude Practice:
Zig Ziglar says, “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions.”
A. A. Milne says, “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer said, “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”
Plato said, “A grateful mind is a great mind which eventually attracts to itself great things.”
John Ortberg said, “Gratitude is the ability to experience life as a gift. It liberates us from the prison of self-preoccupation.”
Oprah Winfrey said, “Be thankful for what you have. You’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever, have enough.”
Brene Brown said, “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness. It’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”
Willie Nelson said, “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”
G. K. Chesterton said, “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled in wonder.”
The Apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians 9:11, “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion. And through us, your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
Melody Beatty says, “Gratitude can turn a meal into a feast.”
King David in Psalm 86:12 said, “I give thanks to you, O Lord,my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.”
Resources and Quotes Mentioned:
- The Little Book of Gratitude by Dr. Robert Emmons
- Article: Gratitude: The Best Medicine During Tough Times
- Article: The Neuroscience of Gratitude and It’s Effects on the Brain
- Article: The Science of Gratitude
21 Days of Gratitude Episodes:
- 1/21 Days of Gratitude: Thank Offering
- 2/21 Days of Gratitude: Fellowship with the Father, Son & Holy Spirit
- 3/21 Days of Gratitude: The Power of Shared Thanks
- 4/21 Days of Gratitude: Rewiring Your Brain
- 5/21 Days of Gratitude: Renew Your Mind
- 6/21 Days of Gratitude: Giving Thanks When Life is Hard
- 7/21 Days of Gratitude: God’s Unchanging Character
- 8/21 Days of Gratitude: Thanking God for Answered Prayer
- 9/21 Days of Gratitude: Thanking God for People in Our Lives
- 10/21 Days of Gratitude: What Brings You Joy?
- 11/21 Days of Gratitude: God’s Abundant Generosity
- 12/21 Days of Gratitude: God’s Good Work feat. James Early
- 13/21 Days of Gratitude: The Impact of Intentional Gratitude feat. Kara Guinn
- 14/21 Days of Gratitude: Thanksliving! God is Not Stingy feat. Jennifer Sakata
- 15/21 Days of Gratitude: Powerful Weapon Against the Enemy
- 16/21 Days of Gratitude: Scripture as a Gratitude Guide
- 17/21 Days of Gratitude: Jesus Teachings as a Gratitude Guide
4 Week Free Gratitude Practice:
I would love to connect with you! Seriously, podcasting can be lonely, so don’t be a stranger, come and say HI!!
Don’t worry, your information will not be shared, nor will I spam you 🙂
21 Days of Gratitude: Jesus Teachings as a Gratitude Guide, Day 17November 14, 2023/