© Grace Enough Podcast2023
195: Erica Wiggenhorn | Is the Bible Boring?
Erica Wiggenhorn | Is the Bible Boring?
Founder of Every Life Ministries, Erica longs to bring the truth of Scripture to transform your life.
An award-winning author with Moody Publishers, Erica loves to share the Word of God wherever she can!
Her latest release is An Unexpected Revival: Experiencing God’s Goodness In Disappointment and Doubt, an 8 week Bible study through the prophecies of Ezekiel. A companion video teaching series is also available to accompany this work.
A frequent speaker at women’s retreats, large conferences or her own kitchen table, Erica also writes for the First 5 app with Proverbs 31 Ministries.
You can find her almost every day on Instagram where shares Phoenix life with her best friend Jonathan, and their four children. Two of which are human and the others furry and adorable.
Follow the SHOW on your favorite listening app BELOW!
So you never miss a new episode.
Erica Wiggenhorn and Amber discuss the all too common feeling among Christian women- “the Bible is boring”, why she writes Bible studies, and her encouragement for those who currently struggle with reading the Bible.
Questions Discussed During Is the Bible Boring?:
- (9:02) Like so many of us, you opened your Bible, but the struggle to understand left you feeling a bit discouraged. What helped you persevere in reading and learning to study?
- (14:11) When did you start writing? Why Bible studies?
- (20:06) When going through the study, what was the tension between “I’m checking all the boxes” and “this is not the God I know”?
- (24:41) What has been some of the feedback you’ve recieved from women going through An Unexpected Revival?
- (28:51) What would you say to the Christian mom who is embarrassed to say she isn’t spending time in God’s Word daily?
- (34:08) What about the teenager? What would you say to her?
- (38:46) There came a point in your faith journey, where you felt the call to write and teach. Share a bit of that journey with us and how you ended up teaching women the Word of God in prison.
Is the Bible Boring? Quotes to Remember:
“God prefers our authenticity, rather than trying to articulate something that we think is going to sound good to Him.”
“I cried out to God and said, ‘Does it ever grieve your heart that your people just want your blessings, but they don’t want You?’ “
“What I realized…several years later [was] that God used that study of Ezekiel to bring about my own personal revival.”
“God’s no’s can feel like a punishment , but more often than not, they’re our protection.”
“If we are not going to live spirit filled lives, we’re going to have a really hard time persevering in our faith.”
“If we’re casual about our Christianity, we’re going to become a casualty of our culture.”
“You probably feel like you’re the only one out there that doesn’t read their Bible….You’re not. There are a million other moms out there just like you. So don’t keep beating yourself up over it and don’t keep hiding in shame over it, but do something about it.”
“When I started going to Bible study, I learned a whole lot more from the people at the table, so find a table and pull up a chair there.”
“I want to take the Word of God to people who are hungry for it, to people who desperately want to know God through it.”
- Bible Study: An Unexpected Revival: Experiencing God’s Goodness through Disappointment and Doubt by Erica Wiggenhorn
- Book: Letting God Be Enough: Why Striving Keeps You Stuck & How Surrender Sets You Free by Erica Wiggenhorn
- Bible Study: Unexplainable Jesus by Erica Wiggenhorn
- Bible Study: Unexplainable Church by Erica Wiggenhorn
I would love to stay connected with you and keep you updated on Grace Enough Happenings!
Join the mailing list.
Don’t worry, your information will not be shared.
237: Sarah Frazer | Believing God is Good When Your Story ShiftsSeptember 25, 2023/
236: Christy Wood | Recovering Your Faith After Life in a CultSeptember 19, 2023/
Karrie Garcia | Is Freedom in Jesus Really Possible?September 12, 2023/