© Grace Enough Podcast2023
Amy Fritz | Untangling Faith After Ramsey Solutions, 184
Amy Fritz | Untangling Faith After Ramsey Solutions
Amy is the host of the Untangled Faith podcast where she hopes to help encourage people who have been hurt in their faith communities.
She’s a Minnesota native who relocated to Nashville for her husband’s dream job that ended up breaking their hearts and teaching them a lot of the problems behind the curtain in some Christian organizations.
Amy has three teenagers and two dogs.
FREE RESOURCE for those who have been spiritually wounded or want to better understand spiritual abuse.
Amy Fritz and Amber discuss her husband’s dream job at Ramsey Solutions, why he left, and how she is now untangling her faith.
Untangling Faith After Ramsey Solutions Questions Discussed:
- (3:25) Share a little of your faith journey with us. When did you begin walking with Jesus?
- (5:54) Several years ago, your husband was hired by Ramsey Solutions. Share a bit of that journey with us.
- (14:34) How would you describe your husband’s experience the first few years at Ramsey and your experience as a spouse?
- (23:47) What eventually took place that led your husband to leave Ramsey and what were the ramifications?
- (32:32) At what point, did the Chris Hogan cover up take place?
- (37:06) When did you finally reconnect with Melissa Hogan?
- (42:37) By and large, churches host Dave’s FPU and employees have been known to say it’s the best place to work. How do you feel about it now?
- (45:24) Is there a both/and here? Both, good advice worth following and an abuse of power and bullying?
- (50:19) Since your family’s experience with Ramsey solutions, you have launched the Untangled Faith podcast: A podcast for anyone who has found their self disillusioned or discouraged in their faith journey and who wants to hold on to their faith while untangling it from all that is not good or true. What were your hopes when you launched the show?
Quotes to Remember From Untangling Faith After Ramsey Solutions:
“I don’t blame people for being blind to it, because I did the same thing for a really long time until I couldn’t and so I don’t hold that against them [Ramsey employees] in any way.”
“You can unsubscribe from some of these…extra systems, whether it’s a curriculum, or a megachurch, or an author or a speaker, or even your local church that maybe isn’t healthy. You can unsubscribe from that without being done with your faith.”
“THERE IS NO PERFECT PLACE, BUT WE DO NOT HAVE TO SETTLE FOR SUPPORTING PLACES THAT ARE ABUSIVE, UNHEALTHY AND IN THE END, NOT AT ALL LIKE JESUS.”
- Untangled Faith Podcast with Amy Fritz
- Season 3: Our Ramsey Story, Part 1: Hoping To Be Chosen
- Season 3: Our Ramsey Story, Part 2: Spies, Cash, Fear, and Rich People Habits
- Season 3: Our Ramsey Story, Part 3: Everything Falls Apart
222: Nijay Gupta | You Need to Know Women Taught, Led and Ministered in the Early ChurchMay 22, 2023/0 Comments
Shannon Popkin | Surrendering Our Need to Control, 218April 25, 2023/