© Grace Enough Podcast2023
178: Michelle Debenport | Feeling Stuck? Need Clarity?
Michelle Debenport | Feeling Stuck? Need Clarity?
Michelle Debenport is an energetic encourager and visionary living out her calling to help others bring their God-given dreams to life.
She started a business coaching service in 2020 after years of feeling stuck and discouraged in pursuit of her purpose.
Once she found the keys to unlock her purpose and full potential, she began coaching other Kingdom-minded entrepreneurs — helping them get unstuck, find clarity and confidence in their calling, and build the life and business of their dreams.
Michelle Debenport and Amber discuss discuss being an entrepreneur, the fear of failure, and getting unstuck.
Feeling Stuck? Need Clarity? Questions Discussed:
- (6:21) You are a true entrepreneur, starting businesses since you were a young girl. You’ve said your motto is “Taste it. Try It. See if you like it.” What are some of the businesses you’ve started and some things you’ve learned along the way?
- (12:01) Despite having launched several businesses, one of which is your successful stock photography business, you still were unsure what you were created to do (I think this really resonates with women, esp. those who have been stay at home moms). Share a little of the journey you have been on during the last 4.5 years.
- (20:04) How do you wrestle through, “I am still fulfilling God’s purpose even when I may not be doing what He created me to do”?
- (22:43) I resonate with the feeling of “being stuck spinning your wheels in all sorts of directions.” How do you encourage and coach women who are stuck in this way?
- (28:28) “Fear of failure is the #1 reason people don’t set goals or try new things,” Help us shift our perspective on failure.
- (35:15) As we close, take a moment to reflect on God’s unwavering grace in your life as an entrepreneur. How have you experienced His care for you in the “failures” and successes?
Quotes to Remember from Feeling Stuck? Need Clarity?:
“My prayer throughout that time was God confirm the work of my hands. If this is what you want me to do, may You make it successful.”
“I personally believe I have one calling and it is to encourage Kingdom minded entrepreneurs, to use their gifts for the glory of God. It is for me to see their potential and help guide them and direct them in that to see that it can be done. Now, how I do that might be different avenues.”
“They [Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Elon Musk] used failure as a stepping stone to their success.”
“I have proposed that we adopt the mantra, ‘It’s just data.’ When you fail, ‘It’s just data.’ And something about that helps to remove the emotion.”
- Ark Encounter
- TED talk: Emilie Wapnick | Why some of us don’t have one true calling