© Grace Enough Podcast2023
213: Tim Winders | Leaders: Are You Building God's Kingdom or Your Own?
Tim Winders | Leaders: Are You Building God's Kingdom or Your Own?
Tim Winders is a strategic coach, author, and host of SeekGoCreate, a podcast and YouTube interview show.
He has worked in the areas of leadership, business, and ministry for almost 40 years.
Tim was the guy that looked like he had it all: the big house in a Country Club resort, two businesses valued at over a million dollars each, plus over $15 million in real estate. But, in 2008, the real estate markets crashed. After a slow and painful erosion of his companies, he and his wife were bankrupt and homeless living out of their Honda van by 2013.
Fast forward to today. Tim and his wife are still homeless, but they consider themselves essential nomads. They live, travel, and work in their 39-foot motorhome while enjoying the best locations North America has to offer.
Through this journey, he is convinced that we must redefine success in order to live our best life. This topic is what he has explored with his guests on the SeekGoCreate podcast since 2019.
His inspirational novel titled, Coach: A Story of Success Redefined released in May 2022.
Where do you listen to podcasts? I hope you find it here and FOLLOW along!
So you never miss a new episode.
Tim Winders and Amber discuss Christian leadership, building your own kingdom vs. building God’s kingdom.
Questions Discussed During Leaders: Are You Building God’s Kingdom or Your Own?:
- You have held positions of leadership throughout your career. What have been a few of those roles and are there any areas of leadership you would say early on were not Christlike that you walk through a transformation period to become more Christlike?
- You recently shared an episode on Seek. Go. Create. titled The 3 Biggest Leadership mistakes, which you name as apathy, self-focus, and chaos. Will you share a little about each one and the impact those mistakes often have on those who are being led?
- What prompted me to share a series on leadership is a book titled The Call to Follow: Hearing Jesus in a Culture Obsessed with Leadership. When you hear that title, what thoughts are evoked in you?
- What advice about followership would you give to people in leadership?
- In a world, where the prevalent messaging is to be EXTRAORDINARY, end with a few practices that can help us be ordinary faithful followers of Jesus?
Leaders: Are You Building God’s Kingdom or Your Own? Quotes to Remember:
“I’m really not sure that the heart can be prepared for what faith needs to bring, if there’s not some degree of love there.”
“The way I define leadership is someone who is a steward….who oversees the people, places and or things that God has given them.”
“We [leaders] are stewards, we are caretakers, which therefore means that we have them for a season. And because we have them for a season, we are to return them in a better condition than when we received them.”
“If we look across the landscape at the political leaders, business leaders, leaders in ministry, I think many of them need to be told this, you aren’t that great.”
“We were created by an incredible God, that created us for some form of purpose….We’re at peace with God, because of what what Christ did on the cross and the resurrection. He broke down the barrier between us and our Creator. So we can live and operate in the state of peace, because the reason there was so much chaos, typically, is because we don’t understand our position.”
“We’re obsessed with leadership. Which then means that we exalt and put people that we perceive as being good at leadership on pedestals. And many times we’re not doing it because of character, we’re doing it because of skills they’ve got.”
“Many times we overlook character, we overlook foundational things in people because of skills that they have.”
“I think most people are building their kingdom and they’re not building God’s kingdom.”
“The definition that I used after all of that was the kingdom of God is wherever God is allowed to rule and reign.”
“Stop walking in churches expecting to be a consumer.”
- Matt. 5-7 Sermon on the Mount
- Book: Coach: A Story of Success Redefined by Tim Winders
- Rise and Fall of Mars Hill Podcast
I would love to connect with you! Seriously, podcasting can be lonely, so don’t be a stranger, come and say HI!!
Don’t worry, your information will not be shared, nor will I spam you 🙂
222: Nijay Gupta | You Need to Know Women Taught, Led and Ministered in the Early ChurchMay 22, 2023/0 Comments
Shannon Popkin | Surrendering Our Need to Control, 218April 25, 2023/