© Grace Enough Podcast2023
Sarah Geringer | Christian Meditation, 153
Sarah Geringer | Christian Meditation
Sarah Geringer is a speaker, podcaster, artist and author of Transforming Your
Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus and Transforming Your Thought Life for Teens: Renew Your Mind with God. She also has three self-published books.
She is on the devotional writing teams for Proverbs 31 Ministries, Hope-Full Living, Kingdom Edge Magazine and Woman 2 Woman Ministries. She has also written for A Wife Like Me and Devotable.
When she’s not reading over 100 books per year, Sarah enjoys painting, baking, gardening, and playing the flute.
Her daily must-haves are hot tea, dark chocolate, and fresh flowers.
She lives in southeast Missouri with her husband and three children.
Sarah writes and speaks about finding peace in God’s Word at sarahgeringer.com.
Questions on Christian Mediation Sarah and Amber Discuss:
- (8:01) In today’s culture, we hear the word meditation and think “namaste” or emptying our mind completely and focusing on self, but meditation is a Christian practice. How would you describe Christian meditation?
- (11:19) How is meditation expressed in the language of the Bible? Is it a biblical concept?
- (13:17) How did the practice of Biblical meditation become a part of your spiritual toolbox?
- (17:17) Did you realize you needed healing when the journey began?
- (22:25) What are some practical ways one can begin to practice Christian meditation?
- (25:15) Share a bit about the books you have written on Christian meditation and your hope for them?
- (29:32) What is the difference between Christian meditation and Scripture memory?
- (33:36) How have you experienced the sufficiency of God’s grace in your life?
Christian Meditation Quotes to Remember:“It’s the sword of the Spirit that cuts through all the lies and the junk and the strongholds that are in us, and brings new life just like a surgeon cuts to bring healing.” “[Christian meditation] in the Psalms, it’s talking about focusing on and repeating God’s laws, God’s precepts, God’s character, God’s promises, all those things that we need to focus on to be equipped to live the Christian life.” “It [Christian meditation] started releasing me from the bondage of codependency, of people pleasing, of seeking approval from others for my identity, it really changed everything for me.” “God meets us where we’re at, whatever struggle we’re in right now. He can pull those words right off the page, and minister to us, wherever we need it.” “Meditation is really slowing down, taking the time to process it [the Word], work through it, apply it to your life.” When I encounter a verse, I have three questions I ask:
- What does this tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about myself?
- And what does this tell me about how I should treat other people?
- The Doxology Lyrics
- One Year Bible
- Book: Transforming Your Thought Life by Sarah Geringer
- Book: Transforming Your Thought Life for Teens by Sarah Geringer
- Podcast: Finding Peace in Gods Word
- Podcast: Adult Child of Divorce
Christian Meditation Related Episodes:
237: Sarah Frazer | Believing God is Good When Your Story ShiftsSeptember 25, 2023/
236: Christy Wood | Recovering Your Faith After Life in a CultSeptember 19, 2023/
Karrie Garcia | Is Freedom in Jesus Really Possible?September 12, 2023/