93: Lynn Cowell | Developing A Strong relationship With Your Daughters
Lynn Cowell | Developing A Strong relationship With Your Daughters
Lynn Cowell is part of the Proverbs 31 Ministries’ speaker and writing team.
As the author of several books, written for women of all ages, her newest book is: Loved & Cherished: 100 Devotionals for Girls.
Lynn calls home North Carolina, where she and her husband, Greg and the occasional backyard deer are adjusting to life as “just us”.
Along with their three adult children, the Cowell’s love hiking, rafting and anything combining chocolate and peanut butter.
Lynn Cowell joins me to discuss the importance of being available, approachable, and partnering with the Holy Spirit to develop our children’s gifts, particularly our daughters.
Questions Lynn and I Discussed:
- (5:16) Share how you came to know Jesus
- (6:33) Take us back to when your daughters were young. What were their personalities like?
- (9:33) What were some of the intentional steps you took to develop a strong relationship with them at a young age?
- (12:10) How did you experience the benefits of that as they became teens and now adults?
- (19:09) One of the biggest fears I face is the fear of not having a close relationship with my kids as they get older and become adults. How would you encourage someone like me, who has an 8 year old daughter, to develop that strong mother/daughter relationship in the early years?
- (23:58) In our world today there are so many conflicting messages for young girls and women about what makes you a strong woman. When you began facing that reality as a mom, how did you teach your daughters about being kind and gentle, yet bold and courageous?
- (31:40) What do you hope a girl walks away with upon completion of your Loved and Cherished devotional?
Quotes to Remember:
“My thinking as a young mom… was that children were clay to be formed. But as I’ve grown older, I think that children are born with personalities and bents and as parents our position is to partner with the Holy Spirit, to…encourage them in the gifts and the talents they have…and to help them refine those things that need to be refined.”
“As our kids have become adults, being approachable has meant everything in maintaining a relationship with them.”
“Sometimes being loving takes a whole lot of boldness and courage.”
“It’s easy for me to hold somebody at arm’s length and just go about my life, but loving, it costs me something. It costs me time, it costs me energy, it costs me going outside of what I’m comfortable with.”
“You are madly, wildly lavishly loved by God and nothing you can do can ever add to it and nothing you can do can ever take away from it. You are loved. Period.”
1 John 2: 9-11
- 28: Jodie Berndt “Praying The Scriptures For Your Children
- 90: Hillary Morgan Ferrer | Empowering Kids to Challenge Cultural Lies
- 91: Mary Flo Ridley | Let’s Talk Birds and Bees
- 89: Meg Glesener | Casting Vision For Your Family
- 57: Kristen Hatton | Redemptive Parenting
- 69: Sam and Amber Cullum | Sabbath As A Family
- 71: Krista Boan | Tips For Parents In The Digital Age
- 34: Dr. Michelle Deering | Mother/Daughter Relationships
Spiritual Seeds Planner is a planning tool designed to help Christians prioritize living a fruit filled life, guided by the Holy Spirit. The Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Self-Control. (Galatians 5:22-23) The planner uses a gardening theme concentrating on four garden plots – Friends/Family, Self, Community, Vocation/Work. Each month focuses on one Fruit, detailing actions to plant + cultivate + grow. Actions are planned daily for highest yield. Cute garden themed stickers provide visuals for tracking growth. Unlike any other planner, Spiritual Seeds Planner prioritizes and plans Spiritual growth over daily “to do” lists and activities focusing on growth rather than achievement.
What makes it different:
- Puts God in charge
- Inspired, led, and powered by the Holy Spirit
- Based on Scripture
- Impacts all areas of life
- Improves relationships
- Fills life with an abundance of Spiritual Fruit – Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-Control
- Easy to follow instructions with visuals
- Vision Board
- Monthly Fruit Focus & Planning Pages
- Monthly Inspirational Prayers
- Weekly Planning
- Beautiful faux leather cover
- Fruit of the Spirit Bookmark with definitions and scriptures
- Fun Garden Themed Stickers
- Back pocket
- Blank pages for notes
- Brown Ribbon Bookmark
- Monthly Tabs
The planner is in stock now and ready to ship for Christmas to start 2021 off the best possible way!
Shop now at:
10% discount if they use SPREADTHESEEDS at checkout!
BIBLE STUDY: Renewed: Finding Hope When You Don’t Like Your Story
Renewed: Finding Hope When You Don’t Like Your Story, is for the woman who is not just walking through a season of hardship, but who has experienced a story that they did not choose and cannot change. In Renewed, a four-week study of the Book of Ruth, women glean wisdom from Naomi’s perspective, a woman who lived a story she didn’t choose or like. With insight from her own journey of living with a story that is not easy, Heather teaches women to flourish, even as they live hard stories, by trusting in God and trading their heartache for hope.
200th Episode Celebration with Amber Cullum & Amy FritzNovember 29, 2022/
198: Dr. Juli Slattery | Christian Sexual Purity & IntimacyNovember 15, 2022/
197: Rachel Joy Welcher | Talking Back to Purity CultureNovember 7, 2022/
196: Dean Inserra | Is the Bible’s Plan for Sexuality Outdated?November 1, 2022/